Good News on My 2nd Prenatal Checkup


Yesterday, I just had my 2nd prenatal check-up. As usual, my obgyn had a hard time searching for the heart beat of the developing baby inside my womb using her Doppler. But after so many re-try, still she was able to find it. On my 13th week of gestation, the heart seems to be working normal and beating 140-150 beats per minute. Of course I am very glad with this current result and hoping that these signs of good gestation will last until delivery.

Another reason why I am so glad with my yesterday’s prenatal checkup is that my blood pressure is getting normal too. Compared to my previous BP which is 140/80 mmHg, it is now 120/70 mmHg. I am hoping that I will be able to maintain my BP at normal level to prevent possible complications. Though I have a normal BP reading, one thing that makes me worry a little is that my current weight is just the same as the previous – 52 kilos. Maybe  it is because I did some dieting when I learned that I have a little bit higher BP in the previous month.  Aside from that, I also vomit once in a while.

Since my body weight didn’t change, my obgyn recommends me to drink milk “Mom & Me” in particular. This is one of the milks specially formulated for pregnant women as it contains enough amount of vitamins and mineral needed during pregnancy. But aside from the milk, she also prescribed me other essential nutrients which come in a form of food supplement. These vitamins and minerals include folic acid, thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, and iron; which all come in a capsule of Eurroferon. And for calcium, she prescribed Calciday, which is also compact with vitamin D3. She too added Obimin in  my daily medicines.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear about the developments! You're doing well in keeping yourself healthy. I hope you followed the additional prescription, and took your much needed vitamins and supplements for these are good not just for the mother, but also for the baby - even more. How was the delivery and how's your baby now?

    -Elli Degennaro @ CentennialObgynPA

    ReplyDelete